What kind of caregiver are you? Are you the Manager, the Searcher, the Loner, the Techno-Virtual Caregiver, or some combination of all of the above?¬† You can find out with the new Guide for male caregivers.
This Guide is one of a few caregiving resources directed specifically to men. It is not a “how to” care Guide but rather a way for men to better understand why they care, the style of caregiving they provide, and how they can become self-determined, balanced and guilt-free caregivers. Qualified Quacks is a house calls Atlanta practice. Our mobile visiting physicians provide quality medical care at home.
Highlighting this easy to use Guide for men are many quick assessments and other important resources which can help men better understand:
- their personal caregiving strengths and weaknesses;
- how a man’s generation can affect his “caregiving style”;
- the myths men face about caregiving in the 21st century;
- how to know when you have reached your “tipping point” and need to get more help or even dramatically¬† change what kind of caregiver you are;
- the special caregiving needs men have as spouses; and,
- how to become a “self-determined caregiver,” that is become more balanced and feel less guilt.
We welcome you to read reviews of the Guide as well as readers comments.
Samples of the Guide’s Contents, Foreword by Gary Barg and Introduction are also available on this site.